How to fix a forklift? Ask your question or Share with us your experience

How to fix a forklift? Ask your question or Share with us your experience

www.allforkliftparts.com
Administrator

Re: How to fix a forklift? Ask your question or Share with us your experience

MikeW
I recently inherited a Clark C500-30 (Serial# 235-1050-3676) that needs a little work. I have never messed with a lift before.  My first question is what type of hydraulic fluid is used? Second I noticed on the right side toward the rear of the lift is what appears to be a power steering/hydraulic pump of sorts, is this where the fluid goes? I noticed there is a large rubber hose that goes from it to what appears to be a tank built into the side of the lift. After taking off the cap to the pump, it appears to be almost empty.  The lift steering operates sort of erratic, like it is low on fluid.
Thanks!

Re: How to fix a forklift? Ask your question or Share with us your experience

Andy (mechanic/owner)
sorry, haven't noticed your question. will respond shortly

Re: How to fix a forklift? Ask your question or Share with us your experience

andy
the power steering reservoir is on the back of the generator with a large cap on it. put power steering/ automatic trans fluid there. in the hyd tank you can use tractor fluid sold in 5 gallon bucket at most major auto parts stores, the engine oil goes in on the right side of unit towards the front of the engine and i  believe the transmission and differential share fluid, there should be a dipstick on top of differential raise the mast to get a good view

andy

Re: How to fix a forklift? Ask your question or Share with us your experience

andy
hi again
if your power steering reservoir is almost empty you might have a steering lleak so when you refill the reservoir keep an eye out for fluid on the ground as unit is used or after being parked a while

andy